Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Eggs

Inspirational song: What's Love Got to Do with It (Tina Turner)

Aw, shucks. One of our musical favorites left us today. Mom and I have long held Tina Turner close to our hearts. For me, the performance I always think of as perfect was as the Acid Queen in the 1975 musical movie Tommy. I'd have to let mom say what her favorite was. I can't guess.

I wore myself down to a nub today, but I got most of my goals completed. I moved the big ficus tree outside on the porch, plus a handful of amaryllis in pots, and a barely-living hydrangea from a clearance rack. I completely cleaned and shined the Ikea shelves, and rearranged the plants and art pieces put back on them. I mopped the dining room, cleaned cat hair off all the chairs, and got the whole room spiffy for game night. While I was at it, I completely cleared off the toy bins and my side table, washed all dishes, and did a general tidying of the rest of our public spaces. Now I'm exhausted, but happy with my work.

My real estate license upgrade was approved today. I am officially an independent broker. The last big hurdle I believe is left to listing and renting next door is acquiring my contracts. I should be able to request them first thing in the morning, assuming my printer behaves itself. I don't know what the turnaround time is for the law office where I will be buying them. Hopefully pretty quick.

Mr S-P and Murray arrived home from their big trip this afternoon. I think Murray was glad to be back, but some time while I wasn't watching, apparently he and Saoirse had a disagreement. We are guessing that is why he had a bloody ear at dinnertime. No proof, though. The Mr was at a friend's farm, and that friend has a half-bazillion egg-laying chickens. She sent home two dozen of the most beautiful eggs for our consumption, plus a half dozen duck eggs. I do not believe I have ever eaten a duck egg before. (I'm not an adventurous eater.) We also got two whole frozen chickens from her farm. This is going to be an interesting couple weeks for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment