Monday, May 15, 2023

Empty Space

Inspirational song: Movin' Right Along (The Muppet Movie)

We took the kids next door while we did a little work on the neighbor's house. (The main thing I did was replace a screen that T's former dog Barley ripped out.) They enjoyed having a huge amount of empty space for activities. Within a few minutes, Valerie had so much dust on her face, she looked like she had a beard. I don't even know where she found it. I have been working hard to get that place clean. I tried to take a picture of it, but modern phone cameras tend to blend that sort of thing out. Dmitri was offered the opportunity to roam unimpeded in his rocket car, but he got tired pretty early on and went down for a nap instead. When he woke, I turned him loose to crawl, and he thought that was pretty neat.

Once we were back home, he seemed to prefer crawling around the obstacle course they have made of my living and dining rooms. He is so close to balancing well enough to let go of supports, but he doesn't seem emotionally ready to do so. He showed off his new climbing skills, stepping up on things and back down again without help, as long as what he was climbing had a handhold.

Before the kids arrived, and later while they were playing with grandpa, I took further steps towards getting the business moving. I had to clarify a key detail on my banking agreements before signing, and once that was resolved, I handed over the funds to start them. I completed the applications for insurance quotes, and had a productive conversation with the agent. I will be so happy when the founding details are finished, and I can get down to the business of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment