Saturday, May 13, 2023

They Shower You With Flowers

Inspirational song: The Great Escape (Marillion)

What happens when two people who love flowers way too much take their grandkids and spacious SUV to Lowe's? They get two shopping carts, put one kid in each, and proceed to fill both buggies completely with annuals, perennials, and one bush they've never grown before.

I admitted defeat in my quest for a Supertunia Vista Jazzberry. The Proven Winners website is sold out of them, and no garden centers here have gotten a shipment in the month I have been looking. I think all those YouTube gardening influencers bought them all (I'm looking at you, Garden Answer lady). I nearly gave up hope on finding anything in the Vista series, until I found another of those ready refill packs with three different Vistas. Might have been Bubblegum, Fuschia, and Silver? The tag is still outside, but it's cold and rainy and I have a cat in my lap. I'm not going out to look. Trust me that I found Vistas, and they are in the spot where the Jazzberry was supposed to go. I don't think Mr S-P truly understands how large these will get. He kept suggesting planting things near them. No, dear, they will be "lorge," as the kids say.

I made up three hanging baskets for the porch overhang and one for out in the yard on a hook before I got tired for the evening. I still have quite a bit to go. He planted the hosta I got last week and a new one we got today. I'm still going to watch out for a giant one to replace the Empress Wu that didn't survive the really cold snap last winter. We are saving the vegetable starts we bought for planting tomorrow when we have the kids, assuming it stops raining long enough to get them in the ground. I also have a ton of cleaning to do to get the front porch pretty after it was treated poorly through the winter. That might take an extra day or two to complete. Like maybe during the week when kids aren't here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment