Monday, July 17, 2023

Butts Are Funny

Inspirational song: Big Bottom (Spinal Tap)

I've been wavering between calling this day getting my crap in order, and having a fire lit under my butt. I guess it was more the former. I took care of so many administrative tasks that had become giant scary beasts, and suddenly I became a carefree child for the rest of the day. It was fantastic.

I snoozed the calendar notification to pay my business insurance premium for two whole days, and I made myself start there. Once done, I convinced myself that if the laptop was already open, I should figure out what my periodic reporting to the secretary of state needed to look like. I finally dug deep enough in the FAQs on the SOS site to understand the reason a form didn't appear on my available list was because it wasn't due until May. I won't even have access to it until March. So, I guess that's done.

From there, I was already sitting next to my stacks of papers that needed filing. I cleaned out the filing cabinet I had started early on in my real estate career, and repurposed it for this business. Everything I've done up to this point is now sorted and recorded, in a way that makes sense to me. 

I have a medical procedure coming up next week, the kind that comes from attaining "a certain age." I went to the grocery store and loaded up on ginger ale, jello that isn't red, purple, or orange (so... lemon), and the drain cleaner, as it were. I have to change my diet the week ahead, so no salads or steaks or any of that stuff that will be hard to get rid of. I'm dreading being deep into prep the next time we play D&D. Maybe I can make it a feature of my role-playing, because as Dmitri's photo contribution reminds me, butts are funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment