Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Vampires

Inspirational song: Red Rain (Peter Gabriel)

I had a good run. For a long time, my reaction to having blood drawn had been mild. Just a little sleepiness during the hours following. Today was more like the old days. They took a bunch of vials on the rheumatologist's order (they stole my blood!) and it was enough to tip the scales. I made it home from Northglenn (north side of Denver), with just a little lightheadedness. I reheated last night's leftovers (chicken fried steak and gravy made with chickpea flour), and made it most of the way through before I really faded. I was drained enough that I pulled up a blanket, tucked a teddy bear behind my neck as a pillow (the toy chest is in reach of my chair), and went down for the count. I slept hard, for almost three hours. I think I snored. I sort of woke at 2, and tried to listen to a news show, but I barely absorbed a word of it. I have now made it almost to regular bedtime, and I'm celebrating inside that I can stop trying to function and go back to sleep. 

A few days ago, I took a picture of me wearing a new top I'd gotten at Target that I really liked. Mom said the picture had a Victorian vibe to it. Now I present another 19th century aesthetic, the Romantic Era. Here's my Byron look, wearing the exact same brand and style of shirt, picked up on clearance on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment