Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Glass Half Full

Inspirational song: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx (Rush)

This has been both better and worse than I expected. Better because the prep hasn't resulted in any real pain. Worse because I have anxiety that they will say I didn't do it right. I have that panic every time, but they never criticize me over the quality of my preparations. I planned ahead, started early, and appear to be ready already. But my show time isn't until 1:45 tomorrow. Plenty of time for me to second-guess myself, and to risk mindlessly taking a nibble of something when I pass an easy to grab food.

Game night was a hybrid. Half our crew went remote, so there were only four of us present at the house. It was another warm night, so having 50% fewer bodies in the living room was probably to our benefit. Having folks call out this soon into a campaign makes me nervous that it will suffer from the same attendance problems that cause these things to peter out quickly. There is a reason that they say scheduling is the hardest foe you face in D&D.

Rather than risk droning on about my upcoming medical test, I'll just go pour myself another short glass of what my D&D friends have dubbed "Gunda's Hard Lemonade" (Costco brand lemonade and Kroger brand miralax) and watch videos until I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment