Sunday, July 30, 2023

The Loop

Inspirational song: Long Train Running (Doobie Brothers)

I had written double my normal length of blog, and was uploading the 20th (or so) photograph, when the program closed itself and erased all my work. I was really happy with what I had written, too. I wonder whether it still exists, somewhere in the multiverse of the internet. I'm pretty ticked off that I didn't save it, knowing how the app hates it when I put in a bunch of pictures.

The gist of the original post was how we took our train-loving preschooler to ride the Georgetown Loop narrow gauge railroad. I described getting there, getting rained out of a secondary trip to see a big wooden troll near Breckenridge, and a lengthy alternate route home to avoid going eastbound on I-70 towards Denver on a Sunday afternoon.

The short version is this. Valerie loved the train and everything associated with it. Dmitri had fun when he was free, and miserable when he was buckled into a car seat. We drove home via Grand Lake and RMNP, and the attitudes of each child remained the same. From Estes Park all the way to 2 blocks from their house, Dmtri melted down and screamed non-stop. Valerie is ready for mountain touring. Boy needs a tougher shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment