Sunday, July 2, 2023

Love American Style

Inspirational song: Teen Age Riot (Sonic Youth)

New seasonal blanket just dropped. Check it out. Valerie loves it. After doing this a couple years now, even the Mr has come around to asking me what I will use for August's decoration, since there isn't a cheesy theme readily apparent. I said I could get a blanket with late summer flowers, like sunflowers maybe. Or I could dig out the one with red, white, and blue Popsicles that I used for July last year, even though it is the wrong kind of fleece (scratchy polar fleece instead of silky microfiber). If I could figure out how to translate labor day into a blanket theme, I'd use that. Not sure what iconography would be available in a fleece blanket. I'm open to suggestions.

Yet another babysitting day, yet more ways those kids impress us. Dmitri is improving his motor skills and language every day. And speaking of motors, Valerie got to play car maintenance with Grandpa. He had to do some repair work on the 4runner before we take it to the mountain tomorrow. She helped him bleed the clutch, at least for a little bit, before I had to jump in and take over. Never too young to start learning about vehicle maintenance.

She came up to me mid-day, holding her wooden toy screwdriver. She said something like, "I have a screwdriver for making music." I said, "Oh. So it's a sonic screwdriver." The Dr Who reference was lost on her. My neighbor would have thought it was funny. Valerie, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment