Thursday, July 27, 2023

Unintentional Tattoo

Inspirational song: Brother 52 (Fish)

For several years, there has been a competition between my older daughter and her cousin, to see which cousin can have the most tattoos. I think the cousin is currently in the lead, but possibly because they have a lot more tiny ones, whereas my daughter has a lot of big picture ones. I started the morning well behind them, with three tattoos. I'm ending it with a surprise new tattoo, deep inside my body.

How does one get a surprise tattoo, you ask? Funny story. Turns out they needed to leave a mark where they cut out a rather sizeable polyp they found this afternoon during my colonoscopy. Whoops! I was growing more tissue that I wasn't supposed to. I keep getting caught doing that. I promise, I'll try to stop. This little nugget was in the ascending colon, and judging by where I've been feeling tender, it's roughly even with the bellybutton on the right side. 

Pathology is still out on it, so unless I hear something concerning, we can all assume that it was just my body being overeager again, not the next hurdle to jump. It has been about seven hours since they put me under, so I guess I'm far enough out to post this blog, even if I'm not supposed to make legal decisions or operate heavy machinery yet. Get your screenings on time, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment