Saturday, August 5, 2023

Advancing

Inspirational song: People Get Ready (Curtis Mayfield)

The kids appear to have had some significant growth spurts in the last week. Valerie's brain got massively more complex, based on her creativity and conversation skills. Dmitri's face seems different again, accelerating the move from baby to toddler. He is also hinting that he understands more words, even if he isn't ready to repeat them back at us. This isn't to say he isn't making intentional sounds. He is very good at meowing back at the cats (and dogs... I don't think he gets the difference yet), and he carried around a toy cell phone that he called "two." For the record, he kept pushing the button that said the word two, and then played a little tune.

We have gotten consistent about alerting the children when it's almost time for them to be picked up, so that we all participate in toy clean up. Even Dmitri gets into the act of throwing the plastic Lego-esque blocks in their bag. Val tries to make her shots from far away, and sometimes overthrows the bag, but she does do the job. It's so much easier to unwind after babysitting when the floor in front of me is clear.

I don't say this to make you jealous, but our Sunday forecast high is 76 degrees. I can hardly wait. I was scrolling through YouTube as I was recovering from kid visit, and the first "Fall clean and decorate with me" type videos showed up in my suggestions. Of course I watched a couple, and I'll probably fall asleep watching them later. If all goes well, I will have inspiration to clear off my junk table and start the process myself. It will help me make it when August roars back to life next week and gets into the 90s again.

No comments:

Post a Comment