Thursday, August 10, 2023

Executive Dysfunction

Inspirational song: Mommy Says No (Asylum Street Spankers)

I keep getting right up to the point of doing the important tasks on my to-do list, and I stop as suddenly as if someone grabbed my arms from behind. I simply cannot force myself to move on anything today. I mean, yeah, I'm a little tired and sore still from yesterday, but not enough to use as an excuse. It feels more like a case of just not wanting to, and that makes me feel a bit broken. Maybe there isn't enough of deadline stress? Maybe it's too intimidating when looked at in toto? The best I could do was set up the bill pay for this month's rent collection for T. My laptop is sitting next to me, still turned off. There are dirty dishes in the kitchen. There are fifty other little jobs giving me the stink eye because I can't even remember them well enough to list here, much less address them. At least I managed to brush Saoirse briefly and trim off those little matted pigtails by her ears. Hooray.

It's after ten o'clock. It's pointless to beat myself up any longer over this. I'll just go see whether my bedroom is cool enough to go to sleep early, and hope for a more functional day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment