Monday, August 21, 2023

Ultra-Violet

Inspirational song: Have a Cigar (Pink Floyd)

Well, it was better today than yesterday. At least that much is true. Was still important to be calm and quiet, so as not to irritate my nerves more than necessary. I didn't always succeed. I did have to put my head down for an hour this afternoon, but I felt enough better afterwards that I had no regrets for taking my rest.

I had promised myself that I wouldn't go anywhere or try anything ambitious all day. I cleaned up after yesterday's babysitting (all the blocks, a quarter of the other toys, and the teepee were still out), did a few dishes, and watered a couple plants. I should have watered more, but I think everything will make it one more day.

I do have one victory to crow about. On the previous occasions I tried to grow African violets, I failed miserably. This time around, not only have I kept both plants alive all year, I have successfully given one the proper care it needed to rebloom. This is a first and I'm totally proud of myself for the accomplishment. Well, the violet did most of the work, but I helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment