Saturday, August 19, 2023

Run Over By a Truck

Inspirational song: Give a Little Bit (Supertramp)

I knew it was going to be bad when I was already used up when I first arrived at the house with the kids. I had to go to Walmart, in an attempt to replace my Roku remote (which I lost and my TV remote stopped controlling it), and I took the whole gang along with me. We spent an hour and a half in the store, and as we used the giant two-kid shopping cart, I strained my back before I even left Walmart. Neither kid was easy all day, and I was up and down constantly, chasing them and pulling things out of the Professor's hands. He didn't like it when I did that, especially when I pulled his hands away from the big fan. Mean grandma!

I wasn't the only tired one. Grandpa was running on fumes too, but at least he was running. I kept needing to stop and try to stretch out my back, but I think that only served to make it more angry. I need to go back to Walmart and return the remote I bought, and just get a whole new Roku device. I think the original device crapped the bed, and that's why neither my Samsung remote nor the replacement Roku worked on it. I tried unplugging it and blowing into the little ports. That was a hail Mary and it didn't work. I wanted to do the return tonight now that the kids have gone home, but I am sitting in this chair until someone rolls me into my bed. My muscles are on strike.

I only took two photos of my own today, and I am not getting up to take more before I post this. One was of a version of Ticket to Ride we found in clearance, to ask the group whether I should get it. (We play TtR a lot.) The other was a selfie to show my daughter exactly how worn out her boy made me. It was about two minutes after that picture that I discovered he had smashed my phone at some point and put spiderweb cracks running out from a shatter right next to the side buttons. The entire top third of the screen is splintering. Imagine how much less attractive this selfie would have been if I had discovered that first.

No comments:

Post a Comment