Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Racing the Clouds Home

Inspirational song: White Russian (Marillion)

J and I walked out of game night over at the bonus kids' house just as lightning started up. I was looking down at the stairs at first, and my first thought was that a streetlight flickered. The light show was just getting started. It flashed the whole way home, visible even when we passed three cop cars rolled up on a traffic stop, and later as I was backing in the driveway, thinking I was seeing more cop lights. I sent J inside ahead of me to get Saoirse inside, and I plugged in the car. The first raindrop hit my hand as I approached the porch. By the time I'd put my purse down, the deluge had begun. Quite impressive rain, and blessedly no hail. We have made it through the heat, and have arrived at monsoon season. Praise the rain gods. Sympathies to everyone else in the country not so lucky.

I had to go out and deposit the rent checks this afternoon, and once I'd gotten myself all prettied up to be seen, I figured I could just go on out to shop, and get the August themed blanket. I tried @Home, but they were a bust. Did get a couple of ecru pillows so I don't have to use red velvet ones all the time. These also will be great for Halloween season, as they give off mummy vibes. I went to Marshall's, and found four excellent choices. Immediately regretted being there by myself, because the selection was impossible for me. Had to send photos to the family chat and then wander around the store for 45 minutes waiting for them to respond. Do you know how dangerous that is, leaving me in Marshall's, bored, knowing I'm going to be buying something one way or another? It was all I could do to put down other decor items. The restraint nearly did me in.

Eventually I got an answer from one daughter, and by the time I was in line to pay, the other backed her up on it. Showed the gang playing games, and they agreed. It is less a late summer theme, and more a transition to fall theme, but I think we have the right one. Will show you the winner, and then the runners up. If someone can talk me out of going back for a couple more of these, that would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment