Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Zoned

Inspirational song: Peaceful Easy Feeling (The Eagles)

We learned about the passing of one of our Rotarians today. He was a neat guy, a physician who made it all the way to 96. They said his last day was just the way he liked it. He did pilates, ate sushi for dinner (his favorite), and he went to bed and never woke up. I'd like to be sad for him, but I just can't, knowing that he went in such a way. He and I weren't close, but I did have a high opinion of him. The one thing I noticed every week at Rotary was how he ended the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance: "...and justice for all who can afford it." He was very consistent, and I got to where I listened for it, and usually caught it, no matter where he was sitting in the room.

I barely got through any of my task list today. I did a few plant chores and not much else. I was just too mellow to get motivated. I tried to get myself out to do some shopping, and it didn't hold my attention. I brought fast food to the kids, as requested, and my focus was elsewhere the whole time I sat with them. Since I came home I've been plunked down in a chair, listening to voices droning on, watching rain and cats. There's no place else I'd rather be tonight.

At least I cleaned up the plaster debris from adding a new plant hook over my dresser. I got the latest hoya into a cover pot and in a macrame hanger. It was an excuse to water and dust the north window plants, and I'll probably go back to letting them be until they're dry and dusty again.

No comments:

Post a Comment