Thursday, August 31, 2023

Charge

Inspirational song: Hard As Love (Marillion)

When I went out to the garage to plug in the attic fan (why isn't this workaround fixed yet?), I noticed that my car was still actively charging. At first I was upset, scandalized, working up a gripe. Then I remembered we got home late last night, my battery was completely drained, and it hadn't even been a full day since we plugged in. I have to say, for all the things I love unconditionally about my car, the fact that I am still stuck with a "trickle charger" at home is on my last nerve. This would be so much more functional with a level two charger in my own garage.

I did intend to go out today, even if I would have hesitated once I realized the car was only half-charged. I'm glad I didn't. The weather is up and down a lot lately, and after several lovely mild days, this upper 90s crap was just an insult. I've been outside more than my share this week. Instead I cleaned in short bursts and let myself coast in between them. 

During my breaks I worked on my next wood restoration project. We have had a giant wooden bowl since we were first married (I think), and the finish on it has been disintegrating for years. It had been hiding in the garage since we moved here, and was just unearthed this summer. I had to break out the power sander to get the finish off, and that was not easy on the inside of the bowl. I'm debating giving up with it a little rough, with some stains still present. I got lucky using Danish oil on the plant table. Can I get lucky twice? I think I'm about to risk it. Pics tomorrow if I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment