Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Morning Fun

Inspirational song: Blue Jay Way (The Beatles)

Writing tonight is going to be difficult. I got up at 5:30 this morning for an impromptu trip to Rocky Mountain National Park, and a timed entry to the trails at Bear Lake. Mr S-P decided yesterday afternoon to try to claim a spot, and I wasn't certain until late that I was going to tag along. I'm very glad I invited myself. It was beautiful up there, and worth the excursion.

The path around Bear Lake is very easy. There are only a few uphill sections, for a roughly one mile ring around the lake. It's well-groomed gravel, and a wide path. We think the kids could easily handle this walk, although keeping them on the path and not in the lake might be a trick. 

I did so well on the easy trail that I decided to push it and go the next leg to Nymph Lake. It was all uphill, all the way. I, and a large percentage of the other hikers, had to stop for breathing and water breaks several times over that half-mile. I elected not to go further, to the other lakes, with Mr S-P. He got some beautiful photos from up there, but I was content to sit on a rock, in shade, by the side of the lake I had achieved. I had carried up a notebook, and I sketched out the design I want as my company logo. I've been mulling this over for ages, but I needed to be in a calm space, with no cell coverage, to focus and finish it. When it's digitized, I will reveal it.

And now it has hit me that I have been up far too long and did way too much physical activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment