Sunday, August 20, 2023

Too Far

Inspirational song: Norwegian Wood (The Beatles)

I was still sore when I got up this morning. I started my day slathered in diclofenac gel, and for once I took my morning pills well before noon. It wasn't enough, and I tried mixing a mild muscle relaxer (baclofen) with a mild pain killer (tramadol). Turns out that was unwise. Everything continued to hurt, but on top of it, I was dizzy and stupid. Note to self, don't ever do that again.

After determining yesterday that it was my actual Roku that failed, I went back to Walmart this morning (before the above-mentioned stupidity) and returned the remote. I got a new unit and plugged it in just in time to play Bluey for Dmitri. He was thrilled. His smile made my heart explode. Later, when it was time for him to take his nap, he and grandpa watched several episodes in a row. It was the first time grandpa had watched it, and he nodded and agreed it was pretty awesome and wholesome.

Because I was feeling so crappy all day, and the Mr had a ceremony to attend in Boulder with his childhood scout troop, the kids got picked up early. I've spent the time since continuing to feel yucky and dizzy, and I was planning to just do a one sentence blog where I say I need to just go to bed early. Writing this much surprised me, so maybe I will give myself permission to do a one-liner tomorrow. Depends on whether I sleep all day like I expect. 

I'm not going to proofread, so any mistakes are hereby to be considered "authentic" or perhaps "artisanal." I'm also stealing Mr S-P's pictures from this morning without even asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment