Thursday, August 3, 2023

The Rhythm

Inspirational song: The Anthem (Good Charlotte)

The days are coming more and more often when all I want to do is take in information, and not feel obligated to digest it and repeat what I've learned. These periods come and go, as would be expected over more than ten years of composing etudes every night. I struggle for some amount of time, and then I get reinvigorated and start writing enthusiastically again. You'd think after hitting this wall as often as I have, I'd be kinder on myself, and learn how to say, "Nope. Not feeling it. See you tomorrow." Well, say that in a way that seems less dismissive of my audience. I'm trying.

I'd just like to vegetate in front of Netflix, and maybe finally finish watching Queen Charlotte. You all find something equally relaxing, and I'll catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment