Thursday, November 23, 2023

A Surplus of Everything

Inspirational song: Reasons to Be Cheerful, Part 3 (Ian Dury)

If I thought I was tired last night, that was nothing compared to right now. I'm finally getting my younger daughter (et al) to watch my favorite movie, Raising Arizona, and I can barely keep my eyes open. My bonus daughter recognized how much pain I was in too, and a couple of hours ago she fetched a tramadol for me while I sat in a recliner in the middle of the living room. If cooking and cleaning and hosting a big dinner didn't put me to sleep, tramadol and a comfort movie in a dimly lit room could achieve it.

We had as fantastic a feast as could be had. I hope all of you did the same. I still had to finish up dishes before bed, but there are enough able-bodied adults here to make it a quick task.

With enough attempts, we got a really good family photo. I was quite glad to get that accomplished, so I could change into jammies for the night. Yes, I'm covered in Santas now. Thanksgiving is over, kids. It's now officially Christmas time. It's snowing and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment