Monday, November 6, 2023

To Bake or Not To Bake

Inspirational song: You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) (Dead or Alive)

On this first day of "now I can rest," I spent all day running around, trying to catch up on everything that has been set to the side for days or weeks. I made good progress, but I'm nowhere near done. I got a few really important chores down, like depositing the rent checks I'd had for 6 days, so I can pay T on time. I got my bedroom clean and reorganized, which will allow my mental state to heal a bit. But then foolishly I added a whole new obligation. It has finally sunk in that it's November, and in two short weeks, I'm going to need to be doing serious baking. We put off the oven replacement while it was build season in the mountains. Holy cow, now it is almost too late! 

I went to Target to get a couple plastic tubs for temporary storage for all my baking sheets and dishes that currently reside above and below the mostly-dead wall oven. They had big red or green tubs for 9 bucks. Yay, early Christmas sale. I grabbed two, and wandered just a little. I very nearly caved into weakness to replace my iPad I shattered more than a year ago, but I came to my senses and got the heck out of that section. 

Once home, I tried to do a bunch of things all at once, but none of them were in furtherance of the goal of replacing the oven. I'll have to work up a head of steam again tomorrow, and hope for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment