Tuesday, November 7, 2023

You're In the Army Now

Inspirational song: S.O.S (ABBA)

Rotary was absolutely packed today. It was our veteran's day program, and we had a ton of guests, including the local honor guard to post the colors. The program was the history of each service branch, concluded by singing each branch's song. Then our presenter had a special focus on Vietnam era veterans, and he presented special lapel pins to a small group of vets from that time frame. 

I laughed with glee when I saw what was on the menu for lunch. My buddy who is the co-president took credit for the idea of making an army staple. They served creamed chipped beef on toast and peas. I leaned in to the kitchen, to verify that my gluten-free version was the same, and was happy that I was getting it too. Well, it was mostly the same. The caterer forgot to pack the gluten-free bread, so mine was all shit, no shingle.

On my way to Rotary, I detoured through the main ballot drop-off three blocks from the church where we meet. Handing my ballot to a live poll worker means I get my favorite November accessory, an I Voted sticker. I took the obligatory selfie once I parked at the church. Now that I've finished blogging, I need to go back and check the returns, to see who won what. Last I looked, it was so early as to be worthless in predicting results.

No comments:

Post a Comment