Friday, November 10, 2023

Because He Can

Inspirational song: It's All Over Now (The Rolling Stones)

We had a good run. We were able to hide things on top of dressers and shelves, and they were safe from Professor Grabbyhands. Today, I sat in the living room, and I heard a particular clink of wooden slats, and then Dmitri came out of my room showing us he had climbed up on the antique school bench and acquired the remote to the Roku. He was ready to watch Bluey, and he told us so. An hour later, I watched him climb up on the bed by himself, via the cedar chest where I store spare sheets, and then he switched to watching TV from the bench. He can get anywhere he wants now. We are so done for.

Valerie is not feeling well. She held up as long as she could, but she is the next one to get the cold we have all gone through. By the time her daddy got here, we found she had a fever and needed some children's Tylenol. Poor kiddo. We know how you feel.

I started my first simmer pot of the season. This one had oranges, cranberries, cinnamon, cloves, and star anise. It's a little early for this scent profile, but it was sort of a tester to see if I'd like it later on. (One of the oranges in the big bag from Costco today was crushed, so I went ahead and threw it in a pot.) It smelled significantly better than candles that approximate this combination of scents. I think I will rely on simmer pots instead of fake smells this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment