Friday, November 24, 2023

Scrape

Inspirational song: Hurt (Johnny Cash)

The last week or so was absolutely too much. No two ways about it. I've been feeling like there are holes rubbed into my whole support structure, and I may need another day or more to patch them up enough to keep moving forward.

I started this morning spending hours cleaning out the bowl where I drop my earrings and necklaces. I keep it on the bathroom counter, right next to the cats water glass. Yesterday morning, someone (not saying who, but his name rhymes with Alfred) drank a whole bunch of water and then puked his entire breakfast into that jewelry bowl and the surrounding area. I didn't have enough RAM to process what it would take to clean it up, and after wiping up the part that was on the counter, I covered the bowl and whispered, "tomorrow." So this morning I settled down with disposable gloves, a selection of cleaners, and a roll of paper towels. I discovered that watery cat vomit will take the tarnish off of silver, but that doesn't mean I was willing to leave it there. It took hours to get it all clean, but eventually I finished, just in time to put all my jewelry up and out of Dmitri's reach.

We had the kids today, on a day not normally scheduled. They were wild things most of the time they were here, and I was more glad than ever that we had done so much to clean and thin how much was available for grabbing. They play with each other very well, and they practically have that secret twin language together. They can make each other howl with laughter, and that's what they did for the last half hour before pickup, pushing Dmitri's metal chair around, making the most horrendous noise. Good thing this tile floor is both tough and ugly. I figure if they actually do end up chipping or scratching it beyond repair, then I'll be that much closer to being allowed to rip it up and put down a wood floor. Have fun, kids. Make all the noises. Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment