Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Time

Inspirational song: Play the Game (Queen)

How often am I ahead of the game with Christmas shopping? Granted, this year is easier because we are all burned out on stuff, and not even the kids are going to get bombarded with gifts. But they did need something special from their grandparents, so I got toy tool sets for each of them. They are different collections, so there will be the opportunity for sharing, trading, and probably a little jealous fighting. All the things siblings learn at this age. From here, I don't need to do much. I will look for small stocking gifts, and there is plenty of time to do that.

I tried a few weeks ago to request an appointment with my oncologist online, and expected someone from the cancer center to call me to follow up. It never happened, and I would only remember that I should try to call them on weekends or late at night. For once my brain synced up on a weekday afternoon, and I called them. I knew I was months overdue, because last spring and summer were overwhelming and I blew it off. I told the scheduler I thought it had been since January, and I was super embarrassed to admit it. She looked at my chart, and said no, we haven't seen you since November of last year. Oh, crap. I'm really on the bad kid list. Santa will skip my house, won't he? It was bad enough that they told me to come in next week. You know you messed up when they don't even try to push you off with a "she's booked out through spring..."

I can hear a cat snoring heavily. I am the last one up tonight. Saoirse keeps flinching on the floor, making her tags jingle, like she is subtly hinting how much more comfortable we could both be if I would move to the bed. Not sure if I should be flattered by her devotion that she is waiting for me, or shamed that I'm making her wait to go to bed. Either way, it's time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment