Sunday, November 12, 2023

The Professor At Play

Inspirational song: Beggin' (MÃ¥neskin)

Today was enough better than yesterday to be functional. My head didn't hurt, but that didn't mean I had unlimited energy to keep up with toddlers. Man, that is hard work. There is no sleepin' on watching Dmitri. He is fast, clever, strong, and those grabby hands don't want to let go. The brain behind his gorgeous blue eyes seems to move faster than mine, that's for sure. 

Saoirse has discovered that I am open to the idea of taking her with me to pick up kids. I didn't do anything to alert her it was possible, but as soon as I pulled the front door open, she was right there, ready to jump in the car. I can see this becoming a regular thing. But if it keeps her from going stir-crazy, it is an easy "sacrifice" to make. As long as she remains trustworthy between the car and the door, when my hands are full managing kids, we can do this.

I've run myself out of relevant things to talk about. Chasing kids and dogs has left me loopy. I was okay to watch a little television (we finally started season two of Hunters), but neither of us had brain power to watch more than one episode. When did Valerie become easy to communicate with? Was that all the way at two years old, or sooner? I wonder how long Dmitri will require constant hovering over, rather than accepting directions like "don't pick the leaves off of grandma's plants." It will eventually get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment