Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Sweet Stuff

Inspirational song: Take It Easy (The Eagles)

I did more work on restoring that old metal kitchen chair. I sanded the rust off of the seat and back, and straightened out a few of the dents along the edges. Then I put a few coats of spray paint on them. The convex surface of the back coated like a dream. When I flipped it over to do the concave side, things went a little wrong. I saw a dog hair stuck in the first coat, and made a mess when I picked it out. I tried to recoat right away in that spot, and ended up making it too thick and it ran pretty badly. I had to wait until it dried to re-sand it and try again. I got one coat reapplied before the sun was down and it was too cold and dark to do more. So instead I worked on using Goo Gone to remove the glue from on of the stair treads. I hope I can get this done by the time Dmitri has to eat here again. Or at the very latest, Thanksgiving.

Game night was a success. We traveled over to the home of the two who are frequently playing remote, and for the first time in a couple months, the whole gang was present in person. The kids were entertained watching Frozen and they really liked having some access to leftover Halloween candy. I can't express how cute it was seeing Dmitri grab a little pack of Twizzlers and shake his wrist with them in a little gesture that said, "Grandmother, I require package opening immediately." Did I open them for the kids? Yes. Was it stupid of me because Twizzlers are not gluten-free? Probably. Did I care, because hopping the kids up on sugar amused me in the moment? Definitely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment