Tuesday, November 21, 2023

To Do, But How?

Inspirational song: The Impossible Dream (Man of LaMancha)

I don't think it can be done. I lost too much time Sunday and Monday, and now I don't know how to get it all done on Wednesday. I made a list, and somehow, that made it worse.

The carpet is just now mostly dry, at almost 10 pm. The living room is not entirely reassembled. There is still clutter on the piano and side table. But I did completely dust the liquor cabinet, so maybe the living room can be called half done.

The bathroom is as done as it can be. We will still be using it between now and Thanksgiving, so I'll give it a cursory wipe-down with Clorox wipes and be okay with it. While I was mopping that floor, I did the hallway too, so that's done.

The tables we will be eating around are still piled high with junk, both of them. Well, the extra table is worse, because most of its excess baggage is in storage tubs stashed underneath from last Christmas. I may be making snap judgements about how much of that stuff can just be tossed in the trash, if we didn't need it in a year.

I only baked one thing, and that was herded cornbread. I'll be cutting it into cubes tomorrow and toasting it as croutons. Then Thursday, that will become dressing or stuffing or whatever your region calls it. I have my quarterly botox appointment in the morning, and I guess the afternoon will be all baking: four pies and a boatload of gluten-free dinner rolls. 

I'm still on target to need an entire bottle of wine to myself during Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment