Friday, December 2, 2022

A Tie

Inspirational song: Tie a Knot in the Devil's Tail (Chris LeDoux)

Every December, our sales meeting turns into a blanket party, as it were. Not the icky kind where someone ends up with the tar beaten out of them, but the charitable kind where we make fleece blankets to donate to organizations who offer assistance to low-income and/or homeless individuals. The blankets we make are the ones with fringes cut all around the edges, and we tie each fringe in a knot. This year, we had agents skip out on us at the last minute (not making any judgment on what conflicts they had), so we had much more fabric than hands to tie it. When the meeting time was over, I took a couple of fleeces home to finish up. I was going to run them back up to the office today, but it looks like I will have to do it on Monday instead.

Given the opportunity to stay home, urging this hacking, coughing man across from me to take more NyQuil, I decided to go ahead and whip together another small plant hanger, so I could get the other spider plant up off of the counter. I had watched most of the tutorial video on it yesterday, and it seemed pretty easy. Other than enticing Alfred into a snake-killing frenzy, it was as straightforward as it appeared. I appreciate finding a creative outlet that can be completed and hung up in an hour or just over. 

I'm not sure which is the driving factor--the overwhelming urge to get back into handcrafts or the fact that Twitter is devolving into a cesspool thus breaking my addiction to it--but I'm getting a whole lot more done lately. It is making me feel a lot better. I was getting super tired and stressed, and the things I've made in the last week or so have helped unclench my stomach. It's not total relaxation yet, but boy, is it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment