Friday, December 23, 2022

Still

Inspirational song: Silent Night (Franz Gruber)

The kids were really on it today. Valerie had tons of energy, and she showed off just how much her brain has advanced in the last few weeks. It is so much easier to carry on a conversation with her now. She still has to climb and jump as often as possible. Her papa says he can't wait until she is three, so she is allowed into the climbing gym. She is ready. Dmitri was my cuddly man all day. When it got to be nap time, we all four just sacked out with the fireplace video playing. He was the last one to wake, needing a much longer nap than everyone else. The good news was he woke so cheerful and snuggly.

Once the kids left, Mr S-P went to the above-mentioned climbing gym. Suddenly the house was absolutely silent, and I got so excited about that. I grabbed a fuzzy blanket, put my feet up, and dove head first into plant videos on YouTube. I needed the stillness so much. I'm glad he has his climbing and friends at his favorite brewery, and I just am not required to go. I am so much happier at home, not in a loud, crowded situation. This is working for me.

I didn't take a lot of pictures today. One of the boy, and one of the display we bought a present from for our older daughter. I did steal a couple pictures from the family chat from yesterday. Valerie had been playing with her iPad, and did something we had no idea was possible. She covered the screen in multiple copies of the Disney+ icon. My theory was that they were shortcuts to all her favorite movies. I haven't heard whether that is the right answer. I do appreciate that right after she did that, she chose the movie for the season, and watched Muppet Christmas Carol of her own volition. She's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment