Monday, December 5, 2022

Ramblings

Inspirational song: Nothing from Nothing (Billy Preston)

My babies didn't end up coming over today. Their daddy stayed home from work, as he was the next contestant on The Flu Is Right. Or whatever it is--flu, other virus, bacterial infection, plague. You know, the Crud. Everyone surrounding me has had it, some worse than others. To date, I haven't come down with it, and I was thinking maybe that flu shot I had really did something good. But in the last hour, I've started to get a hint of a sore throat, and with all these folks, that's where it started. So now I'm feeling slightly less bulletproof. I'll turn in early tonight, and let my superhero immune system at it. I might end up just fine by morning. 

I took advantage of my day off, and did a little cooking and cleaning. I didn't get everything done that I'd hoped, but it's all in decent shape around here, so I'm relaxed about it. I had a flexeril hangover most of the day, which was a surprise, so that accounts for some of the relaxation, right? I was able to devote part of my day to chilling out and watching plant videos. Much better than actually going out and spending money on new plants is getting the vicarious thrill of watching someone else spend their money on them. 

I've run low on available plant space anyway. I tried to put a plant in a new hanger I made yesterday, and I discovered I made it much too small. Good thing these hangers are easy to make. I might turn the little one into a Christmas present, and make a bigger one for the plant I couldn't make fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment