Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Mild

Inspirational song: Green Grass and High Tides (The Outlaws)

Timing could not have been any better for getting this crud. I had no appointments this week other than Rotary, and that only takes up a couple hours of one day. I kind of need to drive up to the office tomorrow, but I shouldn't have to interact with humans for more than a minute to do it. Beyond that, I have been able to take all the time I need to fight the virus (or whatever).

So far it has remained absolutely mild for me. Doesn't mean I haven't needed to nap and rest my voice, but the longer I go without the soupy cough, the better. I did get a little achy, especially when I tried to stand up and wash dishes. My mid-back told me to sit back down, and I obeyed. It's a really weird feeling, being able to breathe clearly, yet knowing my sinuses are swamped with goo. Still, I think I can credit a timely flu shot for making this all bearable.

I failed to include a picture of my other nursemaid yesterday. Saoirse is great and all, but Athena is glued to me. She is just harder to photograph. Some days, I can't believe she is the same murder floof cat. Ever since she had her annual mats shaved off, she has been so happy. She even cuddled with her daddy voluntarily. She has always been quick to tell me "bless you" when I sneeze (yes, I know it sounds like a meow, but there is obvious concern in her voice every time), so now that I'm sneezing all day for days, she is vigilant. What a good little murder floof.

No comments:

Post a Comment