Saturday, December 17, 2022

Christmas Specials

Inspirational song: Blue Christmas (Elvis Presley)

You know that part in Christmas Vacation when Clark is losing his mind (yeah, I know) trying to figure out why his light display won't turn on? That was me today, trying to understand why the timer on the new corner lamp wouldn't turn on this afternoon. I really thought I had set it correctly yesterday. It wouldn't turn off last night, so I hung off the back of the couch, trying to mash the buttons with the handle of my broom. Then I was back at it at 2:15 this afternoon, poking at it with the broom handle again, until I found one that turned the lights back on. Two hours later, it flipped back off. I'm not going to escape moving the couch, unpacking all those plants, and going behind the screen to set it again. Dammit.

For the first time today, I tried reading the book my older daughter sent the kids, How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I read the whole thing, even though the short attention span of a two year old sent her bouncing around the living room, not actually looking at the book. When grandpa got home, he tried showing her the classic animated version of it. He took both kids into the bedroom, and they started watching it. I walked away for long enough to feed the dogs and cats, and when I came back, the whole lot of them were zonked out, as the Grinch's heart was growing three sizes at once. Maybe next year she will groove on it.

Have any of you seen the new A Christmas Story movie? I heard a snippet of an interview with Zack Ward, who played Scut Farkus in the original and the new one, and he sounded like he was pretty pleased with it. The interviewer was a long-time friend of his, so I assume he would be honest about it? I just kind of wanted some feedback on it. I'll probably watch it either way. I'm into Christmas movies just that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment