Friday, December 9, 2022

Upgrades

Inspirational song: Learning to Fly (Tom Petty)

The original idea was that we wouldn't babysit today, as the kids would be celebrating my son-in-law's birthday. Then all sorts of plans got changed, and I ended up volunteering to watch babies while a phone upgrade was happening. My daughter came back here (hours later because that's how phone stores get you), and did the data transfer from 2 old phones to new. She discovered after the process started that she had over 10,000 photos on her old phone, so let's just say she was here a while. Like all day. But now everyone has a good phone with a functional camera, screen, and charging port (these were the issues that necessitated the upgrades).

The crud came back around for another whack at me. Still no soupy cough, but that sore throat and fatigue doesn't want to let go yet. Of course, watching the babies might have been the source of the fatigue. They were quite active today. We swapped out the infant swing for the rocket car, so Dmitri could practice sitting up and develop his core strength without me having to support him on my lap. I was so ready for this upgrade. He seemed to take to it like a champ. Valerie wanted to show him all the parts of it she used to love (including the little bead loop thing that she broke).

Those kids wore me out, and now I have a whole new layer of chalk on my entire house. Again, it is just chalk. I can clean it later. For now, I'm already in bed and it isn't even 9 o'clock. I'm going to turn off lights and build up some energy to do it all again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment