Saturday, December 31, 2022

Dreams

Inspirational song: Dream Weaver (Gary Wright)

Wait up until midnight? Not sure that's possible this year. I've been nodding off in my chair since before 10. Considering my goal for this evening was getting my shower that I postponed this morning when I went shopping with the kids (as their driver, while we wait for the axle on their car to be replaced), and putting on my softest pajamas, it was a pretty safe bet that I wasn't going to be partying like it was 1999. The room is silent, other than the occasional sounds of the Mr snacking on popcorn and the dog snoring on the floor. I wouldn't have this holiday any other way at this point in my life.

It was supposed to be a short day with the kids, but everything went sideways when my daughter realized she had a whole bunch of things that absolutely had to be purchased now. Instead of a short three hour babysitting, I was basically with them from 10:30 to 6:30. For the most part, they were awesome, but as usual, they were also a fair piece of work.

On the way back from buying groceries and whatnot, I detoured through Home Depot. I want to experiment with plants growing on wooden planks, so to test the concept, I thought I'd use the freebie paint stir sticks from there. If it is a functional process, maybe in the future I can get wider, sturdier bits of wood. While there, naturally I went to see if by any chance they had the plant I have been longing for, and looking for for weeks. When last at the Flower Bin, I found a Hoya carnosa compacta, commonly called Hindu Rope, at $12 for a tiny 2-inch pot with a 2-inch plant in it. I couldn't bring myself to pay that much, especially for a slow grower. I've looked everywhere since then, and today the miracle happened. Home Depot had 4.5-inch pots with decent sized plants in them for just over $7 (after military discount). This is one of the very top plants on my dream list, and I very nearly shrieked when I saw them in the store. For now, the plastic nursery pot is set inside a decorative bronze bowl I've had for ages. Once it and I figure out how to work together, I can find something more permanent. I can't wait to see this one grow and trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment