Tuesday, December 13, 2022

At the End of the Day

Inspirational song: Finale - When Love Is Found / It Feels Like Christmas (Muppet Christmas Carol)

Bodies are weird. I spent most of the day curled up in my chair, nodding angrily every time I thought about Friday's pho takeout that was obviously not gluten-free. I stayed home from Rotary and dealt with day four of an angry belly. I assumed that once the day ended, I would crawl miserably off to bed.

Instead, the later it got, the better I felt. I started getting fidgety, and only sheer inertia kept me from tossing Athena out of my lap so I could get busy. Eventually I couldn't sit still any longer. I rode that huge burst of energy through a solid hour and a half of house cleaning. All dishes are washed, dried, and put away. All counters are wiped down (and still looking lovely from their recent encounter with bleach). I even had the focus to scour out the air-fryer/toaster oven. If it wasn't so late at night, I'd probably still be at it, vacuuming all the smaller rugs. But it's too late for that much noise, so I'll try to control myself.

I need to make tomorrow a plant care day, so having already done so many of the things that are mental roadblocks might give me the runway I need to accomplish things that I would rather do instead. It would be nice if I could just do those things during business hours, rather than waiting until the day is completely over to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment