Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Preparing the Feast

Inspirational song: The Jingle (BC Clark Radio & TV Commercial)

My feetsies hurt. I was on them all day, and now I just want to sit with them up and marvel at what I accomplished in one day. I'm sure I will have a rotating assortment of cats to help hold me in place.

First thing I did this morning was make a pecan pie. (No, very first thing was turn on the oven, and then spend time looking for the family recipe, while the oven slowly came up almost all the way to temperature.) It seems to have come out well. After Rotary, I did my first real Christmas shopping for the adults in the family. I had a couple of things for the kids picked up over the last few months. Nothing like waiting until just a few days before the holidays to jolt your mind into making quicker decisions on what to get people. After that, I went to the grocery store, to get a few more things for the big holiday meal, not knowing that I would still have to go back tomorrow. (I was just sure I had more mini marshmallows for yams.)

I spent my evening making pumpkin pie and yeast rolls that didn't properly brown (again, crappy oven), broken up with cleaning and gift wrapping. I tell you, if this super cold weather with snow that is moving in does anything to interrupt my feast, I will be UPSET. There will be festivities, and I will be celebrating with my inner circle, or else.

No comments:

Post a Comment