Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Again?

Inspirational song: Rock Me, Amadeus (Falco)

As my evening progresses, I'm starting to wonder just how well we have cleared that butthead virus from our systems. We are all noticing a return of sore throats and scratchy coughs. The Mr is even considering revisiting the NyQuil tonight. Me, I've been tossing back cough drops since early afternoon. I felt inspired to Google how soon after covid can you catch it again. (The answer seemed to be that it's rare to get it within 90 days, but not impossible.) I hope this is just a run-of-the-mill cold for all of us. Either way, I'm planning on zooming in to this month's sales meeting. I guess game night might be remote too.

Before we really started coughing again, the girls and I met at Hobby Lobby, in a vain attempt to find an appropriate easel to set up a piece of pottery I made back in 2010. It's heavy, and all I found was light twisted wire holding up basically weightless canvas art. I may be able to steal one away from somewhere else in my house, while I continue to look for a hefty art stand.

Valerie was on fire today at Hobby Lobby. She was so funny and energetic. We arrived separately, and I was able to find them by going to the side of the store where I guessed they would be, and listening for the sound of an excited pre-schooler. I found her hiding in garlands of beaded Easter decorations. She didn't know I was there, but my daughter saw me from the end of the aisle. She stood at one end filming while I stood quietly at the other, waiting for Valerie to emerge from her beaded curtain and realize I was there. The reaction was everything you would hope it would be. 

Oh, and if anyone wants to get Val a cute birthday present in a couple of months, these pictured tiny rocking chairs were pretty darned cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment