Friday, February 24, 2023

Simple Joys

Inspirational song: All Out of Love (Air Supply)

I had all the fun I could muster. By nine pm, I was packing up my devices, taking my nighttime pills, and putting pajamas back on. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be the kind of people who go out into loud, crowded event spaces on a Friday night. I barely tolerated that when I was a young'un. I've already been sitting in bed for about 45 minutes, just flipping through social media while Dateline provided droning noise that I mostly ignored. Am I boring? Hell yes. Do I like it? More than you can possibly imagine.

It was a babysitting day, so naturally that ate up all my energy. It started early with a grocery trip with the babies and their mama. They had needs, and I needed a fresh couple bricks of cream cheese in which to hide Murray's daily pills, so off we went. I'm thinking in the future, we need little radio transponders attached to both me and my daughter. We spent most of the trip chasing each other around the store. I was in charge of the cart with Valerie in it, so at least I had good conversation while I was trying not to get annoyed on a third or fourth lap around King Soopers.

I followed through on my promise to Val that we would play steam cleaner today. There was only a half tank of wash water in it, so we didn't do the entire rug. It was enough to entertain her, which was all I was going for. She also watched two and a half videos of carpet cleaning on YouTube. It's gonna be fun, when she is going through some adolescent moodiness in several years, to remind her of what an earnest little goofball she was as she approached her third birthday. I just can't get enough of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment