Saturday, February 4, 2023

FAFO

Inspirational song: Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu (Huey 'Piano' Smith)

Three years into the thing, and the Rona has finally made it to our Park. Mr S-P thought he just had another cold, like we had several weeks back. I was pale and headachy, and my ears were warm off and on last night. We took our temperatures, and neither of us were running a fever. We promised our daughter we would take home tests in the morning before babysitting. I felt fine when I got up, but he was still stuffy. I reminded him to test, and the positive line appeared in less than a minute. I took the other test from the package, and assuming I got a decent sample, it was as negative as it can be. 

He has been masked in the house ever since, and I was being good about wearing a mask until I made something truly stinky for dinner (that I ended up throwing out because the base was so badly freezer-burned). I'll get a fresh mask here in a sec. The hard part is going to be making him be still for the next five (or more) days. I've read that the way to avoid long covid is to rest like you have never rested before. Even after I repeated that to him, he was outside breaking up ice from the driveway and gutter, now that it will be above freezing for a while. Some rest. Good job, hon.

I still feel mostly okay. I'm still grossed out by the test, and I swear I can still feel the swab in my nose. I have a little scratchy feeling low in my throat and high in my chest. It hasn't progressed past "a tickle" yet, but I've coughed a little. I will probably test again Monday, if it isn't obvious whether I've caught it already. 

The worst part is how this throws a wrench in the regular babysitting flow. Sorry, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment