Thursday, February 9, 2023

So Close

Inspirational song: Neverland (Marillion)

I'm ready for this crap to be over, even if the crap has other opinions. I wanted to feel like being out and about, maybe doing a quick grocery run. I could even peek in at the babies, right? Wrong. Did none of that. Couldn't sleep at all last night, despite NyQuil. Felt loopy all day, so definitely no driving. Couldn't stop hacking and coughing to the point of needing to pee every ten minutes, so definitely no visiting the kids. I see no point in taking the last home test to see whether I'm negative, when the only symptoms that really went away were fever and sleepiness. 

I found that we did have store brand mucinex pills, so I have stepped down from my beloved green horse to just treating the cough. It's helping. Not perfect, but much better. It fooled me into trying to convince myself and my kids that I'd probably be up for babysitting tomorrow. Then this evening as I stood in the bathroom, water running, about to get clean so I could put on fresh jammies, I reached for the curtain and suddenly forgot how to take a shower. My head was all weird, and it felt like I had never made these motions before. Was I doing it right? I wasn't going to fall over or break something, was I? It was the strangest feeling. I don't think the virus is done with my brain box yet.

It's getting pretty boring just watching videos all day. I tried doing dishes, and sort of made progress. No laundry, no floor pickup. A little plant care. Once I have energy for these basics again, I will know the virus has been vanquished.

No comments:

Post a Comment