Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Inching Forward

Inspirational song: One Step Ahead (Split Enz)

Oh, right. The rule is don't do too much all at once, or you'll regret it. I did way too much in general for a person with my particular constellation of chronic illness. It's doubly worse when I factor in how recently I had the plague. How many times did I say rest like you've never rested before? I did not follow my own advice. I got a wild hair up my butt and had to paint and arrange my room right now. I pushed too hard too soon. So I spent most of today lying around, listless, nodding off frequently. It's now nearly bedtime, and I'm feeling better enough to put freshly washed blankets on the bed (I had to because of Saoirse's filthy paws), and rehang my plants and one painting. The curtains arrived today, and I'm struggling to decide how much it bothers me that one is a different dye lot than the other three. More on that in days to come. For now, I need to figure out how to fall asleep tonight, after sleeping away the day. I'm not interested in medicating myself to unconsciousness. I might be playing puzzle games for a while, until I get bored enough to conk out. At least my room is snug and quiet with the thicker curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment