Monday, February 20, 2023

Starting Now

Inspirational song: Poker Face (Lady Gaga)

Oh, this is gonna be a long night. I need to make a whole lot more progress on painting my room, so I can move things back into place. The whole house looks like my room threw up into it. I can't live like this, at least not much longer.

I should have done more during the day today. Instead I got up early and went shopping with the family. We started at the thrift store, so it was pretty easy for me to take it easy on picking things up. In fact, the only thing I got was a set of nesting baskets that are a good shape to set plants inside of when they're in ugly pots. Valerie had a blast running around looking at everything, forgetting what she was holding as soon as she saw something else.

We went to Walmart next. We set the kids facing each other in the cart, Dmitri in the regular kid seat, and Val in the big plastic two-seater. Boy, did they like that. The primary thing we were looking for was a better set of curtains that the epic fail from yesterday. There were more options in 63 inch length, but it was still hard to find 50 inch wide ones. I found the perfect one, in paper bag brown, Better Homes and Gardens, but there was only one single panel. I decided to order all four online, rather than buying the one and risking getting a slightly different color. I placed the order standing in the curtain aisle, and darned if they aren't shipping free and due to arrive tomorrow. Now all I need to do is take the crap ones back.

I finished one pour of paint around 1030 this evening. I should do another small pour and finish the section where my bed goes, so it will dry by morning, and I can push the bed back in place. If I'm going to do it, I need to do it now. Like right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment