Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Plague Rats

Inspirational song: The Fire Down Below (Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band)

So does this mean we are uninvited to the Super Bowl party next door? I bet even with negative tests on Saturday, T would tell us to stay home. So I will be watching football from bed, texting in real time when we are happy or sad.

Tonight's song is really not the best choice, I'm sure. It was what I could come up with through my stuffy brain, to describe the unbearable heartburn I had today. It was very reminiscent of when last I tried to take naproxen (like 15 years ago), or the antibiotics I had to stop taking last year. The best I can figure is it is a reaction to the Kirkland Signature DayQuil pills. I took name brand NyQuil syrup just now, and so far, no heartburn. The first real food in three days helped alleviate the pain this evening. My daughter went to get GF bagels for me, and I had a bagel, cream cheese, ham, and tomato sandwich. Would have been perfect if she could have found a decent tomato in February. I don't blame her. It was Walmart, not a farmers market.

It's looking like people we interacted with in the days before we tested are starting to get scratchy throats and coughs. Crap. It's us. We are the plague rats.

Also, sorry about forgetting to post the link on Facebook last night. I was a little out of it. Also, I still have no way to log into the Scenes from Smith Park FB page. It may be lost to me. Good going, Meta. It isn't FB, it's FU.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment