Thursday, February 23, 2023

Crackpot

Inspirational song: Get Together (The Youngbloods)

For several years now, I've told myself I'd go down and paint a ceramic bowl for the annual Empty Bowls fundraiser to benefit the Our Center here locally. Every year something comes up to keep me from coming, either weather, illness, fatigue, or mere forgetfulness. This year, I finally got there. The satellite group for our Rotary club organized an evening party to paint, and my buddy made sure I didn't back out (by agreeing when I asked for a ride so I didn't have to clear snow off my car). I'm very glad I went.

I thought about what I would paint for two days. I decided it would be what I think about all the time--a philodendron gloriosum (specifically, a dark form leaf). Once I got there, and saw my bowl shape choices, I decided on a coordinating plant for one side of a square bowl. I did a sort-of impressionistic variegated string of hearts, to go with my heart-shaped philodendron leaf. Good old Google images assisted me. It came out better than I'd hoped. I just hope I get to see it after it is fired. Guess I need to try to make it to the actual fundraiser dinner.

The kids were here briefly this afternoon, helping me out with getting Murray into and out of wheels for dinnertime. Valerie showed off all the cool things she has learned lately (including a fascination with the same cleaning videos on YouTube that her mommy and I watch). Dmitri practiced being incredibly charming. He got giggly over lots of things, and tried a couple foods, namely a big old Burger King fry, a pickle, and some little pieces of gummy bears. Guess which one was his favorite.

I promised Valerie that when she is here tomorrow, we would run the steam cleaner over the carpet again. Of all things...

No comments:

Post a Comment