Monday, February 13, 2023

Just Started Rearranging

Inspirational song: We've Only Just Begun (The Carpenters)

Sketching out room designs on paper is all well and good, but I say the way to really see whether a room arrangement is going to work is to actually try it. So that's what I did. It's a good thing I did. I encountered several unexpected challenges, and was able to make adjustments on the fly.

I'm nowhere near done. I mean, really, I've barely started. I am trying to clean as I go, and that has slowed me down a bit. Holy moly, is that slowing me down. From the first moments, when I moved a bedside table for the first time in two and a half years, and found what appeared to be cat hair curtains in the corner. I did learn that Murphys oil soap actually can go bad. I have a sixth of a bottle that is a family heirloom. The oil has gone a bit off. Still works to clean cat barf off dusty wood floors, though.

I am trying to wean myself off of the cough medicine, so I hacked extra hard between dust and viral infection. I'm so over this crud. I guess I have to accept that I won't be going to Rotary tomorrow. I feel mostly fine, other than the wettest cough I have ever experienced. Even if I sat in the room full of people older than I am with a mask in place the whole time, there is no way I would be able to avoid coughing loudly at inopportune moments during the meeting and program. Discretion is the better part of valor. I shall stay home, and clean my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment