Saturday, February 25, 2023

Concentration

Inspirational song: Give Blood (Pete Townshend)

We are starting to clue in why we have continued to feel off, even though we are done with the plague. Neither of us has been good about getting all of our meds and supplements in every day since we first started getting sick. As a result, we have been more achy and more short-tempered as our blood concentrations are going up and down. It messes with our eating too, but as neither of us is diabetic, we can only go by how we feel, not testing of blood sugars. 

It hit home for me this afternoon, when I just stopped being okay with the kids climbing on me and kicking me (one of them in particular), that this also coincided with me running out of some of my prescriptions, and my refills are taking forever to arrive. (This isn't making me any happier about being forced back onto Express Scripts by my insurance company.) I take an antidepressant specifically for fibromyalgia pain, and I've been completely out of it for days now. This isn't the kind of thing you're supposed to cold turkey off of. No wonder I'm cranky and sore.

Valerie doesn't like it when her grandparents get snippy with each other. We found that out right as they were getting picked up and a few short words were exchanged (having zero to do with any of the kids). She started crying and made us realize we might have been a bit loud. I guess that was the catalyst for our epiphany about our health habits. We will have to be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment