Monday, February 6, 2023

Positively

Inspirational song: Hot-Blooded (Foreigner)

So, yeah. It's confirmed now. I retested this afternoon, and slowly but surely the line showed up positive. It took like 10 minutes to fully come in, and the whole time I was wondering whether I'm just bad at sticking things up my nose. I went in far enough to make myself sneeze. What more did I have to do?

I spent the entire day in bed, mostly sleeping and coughing. This reminds me a lot of chemotherapy. I even had to get up in the middle of the night and expel all extraneous fluids from my body, so I've been having flashbacks ever since. It took until 8 this evening for me to get a shower for the first time in days, and that was a huge challenge. I'm pretty sure my headache over the day was a sudden stoppage of caffeine. I took my DayQuil with a coke this evening, and the headache went away.

I ignored calls and texts to the point that my older daughter called this afternoon, announcing she was doing a "wellness check" on behalf of her sister. Younger daughter freaked out when I didn't watch the kid video she sent this morning, or send any texts for six hours or so. This tells me just how much we talk in a given day, and I'm not mad about it. Kinda feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment