Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The Green Horse

Inspirational song: Don't Eat the Yellow Snow (Frank Zappa)

Pretty much everyone I know who has gone through the Rona so far has said they started getting better and then had a slight relapse. I believe I am in that relapse period. Maybe I just hit my emotional limit for coughing. Last night I went back to NyQuil, and when it wore off this morning, I gave myself permission to take it again. I slept almost the entire day, occasionally opening my eyes to watch it snow. I don't think this has been a terribly dramatic backslide. It's just a predictable step in the dance. It might even portend reaching the end of the cycle, so I can finally be done with it all.

Thank goodness for large cuddly animals to keep me company while I wait it out. Alfred and Harvey kept tabs on me during the day, and Saoirse has been draped over my lap for the last half hour. (She took a long time to settle down to snooze. She was sitting up on my lap, staring down at me in what Mr S-P described as a "Snoopy vulture pose.")

No comments:

Post a Comment