Monday, January 15, 2024

Bundle Up

Inspirational song: Cold (Annie Lennox)

Not to beat a dead horse, but jeez it's cold! All sorts of schools and businesses are either having a late start or canceling altogether for tomorrow. My house is snug and warm, and I am not sad that I don't have a reason to leave it while it is still so far below zero in the morning. It's so cold, that the church where Rotary meets has said nope, we are not even opening the building. I'll probably go shopping in the afternoon, for a few critical items that can't wait much longer, but we should be close to freezing by then. Downright balmy.

I'm feeling mostly better, compared to yesterday, but I still forced myself to do very little today. I am recognizing a pattern in which I rest just enough to feel like jumping up and continuing to do the same crap that is wiping me out in the first place. I was bored several times over today, but I deliberately focused on closing my eyes and actively relaxing my jaw (that is HARD!) 

It's probably late for such nonsense, but for the last half hour, I've been fantasizing about a cup of hot cocoa. I haven't gotten up to get one, because that would mean disturbing Alfred, who is snoring loudly on the footrest of my recliner. But if blog is done, then Annie gets to go to bed. He will have to move either way. Cocoa time.

No comments:

Post a Comment